OUR DELIVERY ZONES:
We deliver to ALL postcodes in the United Kingdom and to select European destinations. Read further for full details.
If you live outside these destinations but would like to order, please contact us for a delivery quote.
Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey isn't automatically covered as part of the UK. If you live in these UK territories and would like to order, please contact us for a delivery quote.
Please refer to 'Our Delivery Zones' for the fully up to date delivery zones list.
SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS & ISLANDS DELIVERIES:
Due to the time to deliver regrettably we cannot deliver ‘Frozen Food’ items to Scottish Highlands & Islands. We can still deliver Non-Frozen Food items to Scottish Highlands & Islands. However, we offer ‘Frozen Food’ deliveries to Central and North Eastern Scotland.
BREXIT AND DELIVERIES TO THE EUROPEAN UNION (THE EU):
We no longer deliver to the EU. However, this may change in the future in which case we will inform our EU customers via email. We regret for having to take this decision but it is well beyond our control.
Please refer to the 'Delivery Policy' for out full terms and conditions on deliveries.
FROZEN AND CHILLED FOOD DELIVERY TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
IMPORTANT: We do not accept returns of any perishable goods including fresh produce, frozen and chilled foods. We are unable to refund just because you don't like the product or don't follow food preparation instructions or you change your mind. If in doubt please contact us before you place your order.
We are taking Frozen Food orders for delivery only to our Next Day delivery zone, that currently covers England, Wales and Central Scotland. If you are currently living outside our next day delivery zone, you will not be able to place your order with any Frozen Food added to your shopping basket. We will package all frozen goods in your order with ice packs and in special packaging materials to ensure that your frozen products will stay frozen and sufficiently chilled for the duration of the delivery. Usually, these packaging methods could keep frozen foods in frozen condition for longer than 24 hours. However, this may not be the case during the warm summer months due to the hot weather.
We have a good track record of delivering all orders to our next day delivery zone customers in under 24 hours.
If your order has frozen products in it, it is your responsibility to;
- provide the correct and accurate delivery address
- provide a working mobile phone number
- be available to accept your order on the day of delivery
- be available to answer the phone if the delivery driver is unable to find your address
- provide the necessary access to our delivery drivers.
If your frozen product order was unable to deliver on-time due to any of the above reasons or as a result of delivery rescheduled by you, we cannot guarantee the quality of frozen product and we will not be able to accept any damages to your products or provide a refund.
MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY REQUIRED:
We request all our customers to purchase at least 3 items from our Chilled and Frozen food range. This will help us to keep the cost of delivery to a minimum as we are required to use expensive special type of packaging to deliver Chilled and Frozen foods to you. You can buy any mix of Chilled and Frozen Food items to cover the minimum quantity required. With the products delivered to you in a frozen condition, you are able to store them in the freezer for a longer period.
PRICE MARKED OFFERS:
We take great efforts to provide all our goods listed online at a reasonable price to our customers. While we sell a wide variety of products in our online store it takes a great commitment, effort and cost to deliver your order to your doorstep in pristine condition. These additional measures comes at a cost with packaging, specialist packaging for frozen & chilled foods and fastest delivery to your doorstep. We have to consider all of these costs and other operational costs of our platform and services to you when we decide the price for each and every product we offer online.
We are unable to offer the Price Marked products at the marked price due to the additional costs involved as above. Therefore, customers are requested to understand this condition when they order from our online store. Please refer to our Terms of Service for further details.
Marked Prices on Frozen and Chilled Food
Offers and marked prices on Frozen or Chilled Food items: We appreciate that some of the frozen and chilled food items comes with prices marked packaging. These marked prices are meant for our High Street shop in London. When frozen and chilled food items are sold for delivery, we have to add specialist packing materials, ice packs and fast delivery to get them to you as fast as we can. While these special packaging could keep the frozen food in frozen condition we expect them to be delivered to you using the fastest option. These packaging materials costs us at least 50% of the product price due to the nature of the frozen food packaging costs. Therefore, we do not offer the marked prices or offers in our online shop as it is not financially viable.
COMPLAINTS & CLAIMS:
All complaints and claims must be reported to us within 24 hours of the delivery date & time in accordance with our general terms & conditions, which you are agreeing to by placing your order.
You are accepting the terms detailed above when ordering the Chilled and Frozen products from our online store.
We have re-opened our online store as we started to receive stocks in small quantities. To support our long list of customers who have been with us over the years and in difficult time, we are taking small number of orders per day that we could fulfil.
Once we received a number of manageable orders we may close online orders so we are able to provide the best possible service to our customers. We still experience some short supplies and some of the items may not be available to dispatch in your order, in which case we will refund such items fully.
In situations, where we cannot provide the exact item you ordered we may be able to provide a similar item from a different brand or size. We reserve the right to provide a substitute product where relevant or we may refund or cancel your order.
Also, regrettably we had to withdraw some of our special offers and free delivery offer for orders over £50 due to increased delivery costs. We are constantly reviewing the delivery costs and will provide the best possible rates we can to deliver your order. Therefore, you may find the delivery charges we offer varied over time.
We will dispatch your order as soon as we are able to fulfil your order and we will aim to use the fastest service available to deliver. However, the delivery time could take longer than usual, which is beyond our control. Therefore, we cannot provide a guaranteed delivery date for your order. Also, we cannot offer the 'UK Mainland Express Delivery' we previously offered due to restricted services from the courier companies.
Delivery day depends on the delivery service selected during checkout. We will deliver to the address provided by you when you place your order and make your payment.
We use DHL, UPS, DPD, Hermes, Parcel Force and Royal Mail as our main couriers based on the order size and value. Orders below 2kg may dispatched through Royal Mail and anything over 2kg will be delivered through one of our courier partners mentioned above.
Due to the limitations from the courier companies we have a maximum order weight limit per order as specified in delivery service regardless of the order value. This is beyond our control and we have to rely on the terms and conditions outlined by the delivery companies.
However, if you have any special needs (alms giving, parties, etc) and would like to place a large/heavy order we will try our best to assist. Please contact us in advance to find out more before you place such an order.
Our delivery partners will inform you via email and/or text message with intended delivery date & approximate time. It will be customer's responsibility to make necessary arrangements to be available to receive the delivery or to re-arrange the delivery with the delivery company. Ceylon Supermart cannot be responsible for any damages or liabilities due to re-arranged delivery by the customer or for any missed deliveries if the customer wasn't available to accept the delivery.
It is your responsibility to;
- provide us with a valid delivery address (shipping address) with the order
- provide necessary access to the delivery drivers (access codes, special guidance, signage, etc)
- be available to accept the delivery
- collect your parcel on time in case you missed delivery but your parcel has been directed to a local collection point of the courier company
- re-arrange your delivery if you are unable to be available to accept the delivery. You will accept all liabilities when you re-arrange your parcel delivery.
We aim to deliver your order as fast as we can, subject to availability of the items ordered. However, if you placed your order with Standard UK Mainland delivery (with fresh produce; e.g. fresh vegetables) after 06:00 pm on a Wednesday, we may not dispatch your order until Monday or Tuesday in case of a Monday Bank Holiday, the following week. This is to ensure that your fresh produce order receive fresh to you.
However, we will try our best to deliver all orders with fresh produce using 'Next Day Delivery' services but it is not guaranteed for standard delivery orders.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY:
We are a company fully committed to our environmental responsibility aiming to protect our world for our future generations.
Our environmental commitment includes the following measures but are not limited to;
- Carbon Neutral Delivery - all our delivery partners are either already making your order delivery in an electric vehicle (where available) or a low emission vehicle. In addition, they are committed to offset their carbon footprint well before the UK Government proposed deadlines.
- Electronic Invoicing and Packing Slips - We no longer send you paper invoices or packing slips with your delivery. Invoices are sent to your email in the order soon after your order is confirmed in our shopping platform. You are able to print this at home should you wish to but please consider your environmental responsibility before printing. We always double check your order before dispatch and any alterations or substitutes are agreed with you before doing so.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle - We have significantly reduce the use of plastic in our packaging. We use clean and fresh white paper or paper bags to wrap / pack all leafy vegetables and all other items that require individual wrapping. All chilled and frozen foods are sent in polystyrene boxes to protect the freshness and frozen condition of the goods. We are reusing these polystyrene boxes from our supplies rather than sourcing new boxes. These polystyrene boxes are used in our fresh and chilled food supply chain that are received by us on a daily basis. We also reuse lots of cardboard boxes that are in food grade, which most of our daily supplies are delivered in. We take extra care to ensure that all these packaging are in an acceptable condition to meet our food delivery standards. Also, this will help us to keep the delivery costs to a minimum for you.
- Do you really need a New Box for delivery? - Should you wish to have your order delivered in Brand New Boxes there will be an extra charge to you as £12 for a Standard Polystyrene Box and £4 for a Standard Cardboard box. Please contact us as soon as you place your order so we can arrange the new boxes for you. This may delay the dispatch of your order as we do not stock new boxes. However please consider environmental impact of making a new box, we try our best to minimise demand for new boxes. The boxes we reuse may have supplier branding printed on them. We make sure all our recycled boxes are in good hygienic condition for reuse at all times.
- Frozen Food Packaging - All of our frozen and chilled foods are packed with industry leading packaging materials from UK manufacturers. These packaging are 99% natural and 100% recyclable.
- We are very grateful to you if you can reuse or recycle the packaging that you receive your order from us.
Delivery charge is calculated when you checkout and are based upon the order value, delivery address, weight and order content (like Frozen Food items).
All services available to your delivery address will be available to select from at the checkout process, quoting the delivery fee for each available service.
Free delivery is available for UK Mainland^ delivery addresses for qualifying orders only.
We cannot deliver ‘Frozen Food’ to Non-UK Mainland postcodes. If you add ‘Frozen Food’ items to your deliver and enter a Non-UK Mainland delivery postcode you will only see the ‘Self Collect from London Store’ delivery option at the checkout. If you proceed to place your order with this option selected, you will need to collect your order from our store in London.
^ UK Mainland does not cover the postcodes covering Scottish Highlands & Islands, Islands, Northern Ireland or Europe.
*Saturday delivery available only for UK mainland customers. No free delivery on Saturday. Please select "Saturday Delivery " for shipping rates. Cut-off time for Saturday delivery is Thursday 06:00 PM.
Regarding 'Fresh Produce', Fresh produce are only despatched on availability. All fresh produce is 'bought to order' - it cannot be cancelled after we have procured them for you.
Where delivery instructions are left, i.e. without signature, we cannot be held responsible for any missing goods. For example, if you request leaving in a bin where recycling may happen, or, in an outhouse that could be accessed by 3rd parties. The risk lies with you.
Wholesale or bulk order products may be collected from our shop or warehouse by arrangement. Please contact us by telephone to ask any queries or check your order is ready and also book a time to collect.
Note: Wholesalers call us to get special offers.
DELIVERY SCHEDULE AND PREPARATION:
We endeavour to ship your order within 2-3 business days, which we call as the ‘processing time’.
It may not be possible to deliver fresh produce you order as some of these items are imported and deliveries are dependent on weather conditions in the country of origin and clearance from the UK customs and border control. In such case our refund or exchange policies apply.